One of the four ways you grow into becoming a great coach is through training, which includes reading! The Partners at Coach Approach Ministries are pioneers and leaders in the field of Christian coaching, and below are some of the books our team members have written.
Please note: when you purchase a book from Amazon using a link on this page, CAM receives a very small referral fee from Amazon. This doesn’t cost you any extra, but in the interest of full disclosure, we want you to know about it.
In this short e-book, CAM Partner Chad Hall, MCC outlines 8 specific ways coaches need to think. When you think like a coach, the techniques for coaching well just come naturally and produce great results for those you work with.
If you know what coaching is and you’re ready to take your coaching several steps closer to mastery, this Amazon bestseller is for you.
In this short eBook, CAM Partner Chad Hall, MCC walks you through three levels of coaching: beginner, better and transformational. For each level, he provides a sense of where the coach focuses, the types of question the coach asks and what kind of results you can expect.
Chad also offers guidance on two elements essential to coaching for transformation: how to add creativity to your coaching and what to do when the client expresses emotion.
CAM Partners Chad Hall, MCC and Bill Copper, PCC teamed up with Kathryn McElveen, PCC to address the intersection of coaching and discipleship/evangelism.
Faith Coaching teaches you to leverage the power of coaching conversations to help others find and follow their spiritual path.
When Christian leaders want to learn how to coach and how to apply coaching in the church, this is the book they turn to.
CAM Partners Linda Miller, MCC and Chad Hall, MCC co-authored this book to help Christian leaders of all sorts learn and apply coaching in order to further Christ’s kingdom.
CAM Partner Linda Miller, MCC partnered with Madeleine Homan Blanchard to write this extensive booked aimed at helping you learn the secret to success in your business coaching program.
How can your company experience an “observable” return on investment through its coaching program? This powerful guide is designed to help executive coaches and managers implement programs that work for their organizations.
CAM Partner Jane Creswell draws from her extensive corporate and ministry coaching experience to provide ministers and other church leaders a clear definition of what coaching is and the seven basic benefits an individual, church, or group can receive through a qualified coach.
To make the most of your coach education, you’ll want to supplement the class training with reading from these selected texts, curated for each of our training courses. You can find each title on Amazon.
CAM 501 Foundations for Christian Coaching
- Coaching for Christian Leaders by Miller and Hall
- Co-Active Coaching by Kimsey-House, et al.
CAM 502 Establishing a Dynamic Coaching Relationship
- Patterns of High Performance by Jerry Fletcher (1993, Berrett-Koehler Publishers)
- Getting Started in Personal and Executive Coaching: How to Create a Thriving Coaching Practice, by Stephen G. Fairley and Chris E. Stout
CAM 503 Coaching Change, Transition and Transformation
- Managing Transitions: Making the Most of Change, 3rd edition by William Bridges (2009, Da Capo Lifelong Books)
- Masterful Coaching, 3rd edition by Robert Hardgrove (2008, Pfeiffer, 3rd edition)
CAM 504 Coaching and the Brain as a Learning Catalyst
- Brain-Based Learning: The New Paradigm of Teaching, 2nd edition by Eric Jenson (2008, Corwin Press)
- Conversational Intelligence by Judith Glasser
CAM 505 The Language of Coaching
- Coach the Person, Not the Problem by Chad Hall, MCC
CAM 506 Personal Coaching
- The Heart of Coaching: Using Transformational Coaching to Create a High-Performance Coaching Culture by Thomas Crane (2007, FTA Press)
- The COACH Model for Christian Leaders: Powerful Leadership Skills to Solve Problems, Reach Goals, and Develop Others by Keith Webb (2012, CreateSpace)
CAM 507 Coaching Teams
- Coaching in Organizations by Miller and Blanchard
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni (2002, Josey-Bass)
CAM 508 Coaching for Spiritual Growth
- Christ-Centered Coaching: 7 Benefits for Ministry Leaders by Jane Creswell (2006, Lake Hickory Resources)
- Faith Coaching: A Conversational Approach to Helping Others Move Forward in Faith by Chad Hall, Bill Copper, and Kathryn McElveen (2009, Coach Approach Ministries)
CAM 509 Using Assessments in Coaching
- Living Your Strengths: Discover Your God-Given Talents and Inspire Your Community, by Donald Clifton, et al (2004, Gallup)
CAM 510 A Coach Approach to Leading and Managing
- Adaptive Coaching: The Art and Practice of a Client-centered Approach to Performance Improvement by Terry Bacon and Karen Spears (2003, Davies-Black Publishing)
- Silos, Politics and Turf Wars by Patrick Lencioni (2006, Josey-Bass)
- Leadership and the One-Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard (200, Harper Collins)
CAM 511 Growing Your Coaching Practice
- Executive Coaching with Backbone and Heart by Mary Beth O’Neill (2000, Josey-Bass)
CAM 512 Coaching and Positive Psychology
- Flourish by Martin Seligman