Brian and Chad discuss the GROW model for coaching and walk through each step. This is a deeper dive than you might have already taken.
- Goals (Future)
- Reality (Present)
- Options (What’s possible? Discerning)
- Who, What, When, Will to do it (Designing Actions)
Jane Creswell, Co-founder of Coach Approach Ministries, joins the podcast to share her insights on the new PCC markers provided by the International Coach Federation.
Previous Jane Creswell podcasts:
Chad shares his honest opinion about the popular Enneagram assessment. There are things he likes. There are things he doesn’t. Your opinion may be different.
- The specific descriptions of human personality are true
- Overall framework of human personality is not true
- There is no validity backing it up
Brian interviews Joel Cocklin on the topic of Resilience.
Five elements of Resilience:
- strong sense of self (confidence)
- Flexibility – Resilient people are not rigid people
Podcast #074 on Positive Psychology
Some facts about Joel:
- Pastored for 10 years in PA
- Entered Army chaplaincy in 1982 for 27 years plus
- Specialized in family/marriage therapy – 3 year program completed in 14 months – MS in human development and family studies – clinical setting seeing couples and families with myriad of problems at Fort Riley
- Command chaplain with US Southern Command – a great privilege to be the chaplain and work with a 4 star general and then a 4 star Navy Admiral, working with religious leaders in those countries
- Senior chaplain at Fort Bragg
- Retired as a full-bird colonel
- 9 years as Director of Leadership Development and then as Academic Dean of Winebrenner Theological Seminary
- Now retired