Chad shares his honest opinion about the popular Enneagram assessment. There are things he likes. There are things he doesn’t. Your opinion may be different.
- The specific descriptions of human personality is true
- Overall framework of human personality is not true
- There is no validity backing it up
Doug Guthrie, Professor of Global Leadership at the Thunderbird School of Management, joins the podcast again after having recorded episode #191 Overcoming Arrogance.
Doug describes four essentials to leadership, and how coaches use those distinctions to help clarify a leader’s thinking.
Overrated Coaching “Truths” (things coaches believe are really important that just aren’t that important). Here is our beginning list. Listen to the podcast for more.
- The client is always right
- I have to be nice/gentle/comfortable
- Holding to the spoken agenda
- Coaching is mostly questions
- People don’t cry in coaching
- There is a thick dark line between coaching and counseling
- The coach can’t give advice
- Coaching is all about action
Brian talks with Dr. Reggie McNeal about what the Corona Virus makes clear about our world today. What they discovered was that rather than cloud the issues, the virus has amplified the need for institutions to move into the Digital Age. Reggie is a master at explaining the world’s cultural shifts.